Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Starts!

A few weeks ago I got a crazy thought in my head - Roo is getting a brain (at the ripe age of 3), why don't I enter him in obedience! So I immediately entered him in beginner novice at an upcoming show. Fast forward a few weeks....what in the world was I thinking entering my dog with no formal obedience training?!?! I've decided to insist I just want to know how he is in the ring, and go with that excuse LOL
So we've been doing a little heeling, a little bit of stays, a little bit of recalls. He's a bright dog. Today I pulled out some cones to introduce the figure 8. The little snot was carefully moving his back end around the inside cone in a couple of tries! Maybe I should have a bit more faith in him.

In other news we found a great agility instructor! Soda starts the Advanced Agility class next Saturday morning. Hopefully he'll be back in shape for our October trials. I am going to work Roo, but I haven't decided if I want him in a class yet.

I am also going to start teaching some competition obedience classes. I've had interest in clicker training for competition. I think it will end up being a heeling class and rally novice class for starters. Hopefully we'll get some awesome clicker trained dogs in the ring this spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment